Construction Site Compliance
- Third-party inspector for two King County CSO projects, finding cost-effective solutions to maintain permit compliance; Seattle, 2014-2016.
- Logistics planning to avoid trackout and minimize project runoff for a $16 million apartment project, Vancouver, WA 2011
- Audited stormwater management program, specified BMPs to resolve chronic runoff problems, advised on other compliance matters, Kittitas Valley Wind Farm 2010
- Third party CPESC inspector for Sound Transit, resolving compliance issues, Capital Hill demolition 2009
- Advised superintendents inspectors in resolution of compliance and BMP issues, numerous projects 2007-2015
- Developed and managed ESA Regional Road Maintenance program, lead trainer for maintenance workers in minimizing impacts to water courses and maintaining compliance with the Endangered Species Act, WSDOT/University of Washington.
- Co-developed hands-on field training in stormwater BMP use (“Club Mud”), and presented it to over 4000 maintenance workers, contractors, and regulators in Washington, Idaho, and Montana. Club Mud is a standard part of the curriculum for the Washington Department of Ecology’s “CESCL” certification.
- Co-developed and presented additional hands-on field trainings for the ESA Regional Road Maintenance program: Bridge Maintenance BMPs; In-Water Work; BMPs for Construction Inspectors.
- Custom designed trainings for construction workers focused on helping them to support their employers’ stormwater management programs.
- Designed and presented courses on erosion control, technical trail construction, basic surveying for trail workers in remote wilderness locations throughout California
Hand-constructed projects in locations inaccessible to heavy equipment:
- Reconstruction of failed in-stream log structures, Coal Creek 2011
- Delivery of logs 200’ through the forest via “skyline”, construction of habitat structures in Rock Creek, Cedar River Watershed 2006
- Construction of custom log bridge, private project 2004
- Provided training and technical assistance to backcountry trail crews in wilderness areas throughout California, California Conservation Corps, 2009-2011
Carl Menconi CPESC, CESSWI, CISEC
Environmental Project Consulting LLC
(206) 417-4736 OFFICE (206) 387-8892 CELL
PLEASE NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com